Friday, October 03, 2008

Catty Case Saturday a day early....

Yes I'm posting this early because tomorrow will be a busy day. Today's card is both inspired by this mornings sunrise and in honor of my Aunt and Cousin who lost a dear family member last Friday, Wayne...



After waiting for the bus this morning with my DD I knew I needed to take out my brayer and try and recreate the beautiful sunrise this morning... So out came the brayer, the ink pads and the sponges and I tried my best to pull off a Zindorf card. She is such a wizard with the brayer.

I think I did so so on this but I am please with the card. I even added a little stickles to the ground and trees to show the morning dew. (of course that is the only non SU item on this card)

For the layout on this card I turned to page 86 of the Fall and Winter Catty for SU. Would love to see what anyone else may come up with for this layout. I'll try and get another card in tomorrow but not too sure if I'll make it to my desk... I so want to since it is World Card Making Day... If you get a chance to play please feel free to leave me a link...

Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely as A Tree, Warmest Words ( retired)
Cardstock: Whisper white, kraft, basic black, dp from Handmade Holiday Card Elements kit
Ink: Stazon jet black, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie, buckaroo blue, pacific point
Accessories: brayer with rubber attachment, pretties kit, brocade blue marker, diamond stickles

11 comments:

Darlene said...

This is a great job! Zindorf would be proud I'm sure!! Page 86 you say ... might have to go see what I can come up with ... you know how I love a challenge! Sorry about the loss in the family but I'm sure this beautiful card will bring a smile or two!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! One of the prettiest cards I've seen all day!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card, im loving this tree stamp, how very effective!! Hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

awesome card! it turned out great!!

amyz2988 said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love the colors and details. Fabulous job!

loretta said...

Beautiful. I love the shimmer and the colors!

Michelle said...

This is stunning! Just gorgeous.

Stampin' Meg said...

That sunrise is STUNNING, Aimee!

Donalda said...

honey this is just gorgeous !!!!! You are so talented dear

Rosella said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful Aimee!!

Anonymous said...

I love the watercolor loo and beautiful colors.
Tammi