Saturday, October 11, 2008

Catty Case Saturday....

It is catty case Saturday and boy did I go out of the box with this one.... I took the rocket card on page 61 of the Fall and Winter catty and made my own template for a list holder....



This little holder is so cute and the note pads I found to go in them match our new Cardinal set from the holiday mini perfectly....


I made sure to have a pocket on the inside for either reciepts or coupons because this little list pad is so perfect for christmas list and or shopping lists...

Now I colored my Cardinal in with prisma pencils and gamsol. But to give that blue background I grabbed a sponge dauber and my Bashful blue ink pad and sponged around my little bird... I was a little bad though I picked up a border punch from Martha Stewart the other day in Micheals... it was calling my name. It is a snowflake border and I had to use it on this design...

I hope you have sometime to take a look at this layout on Page 61 of the Fall and winter catty and make something. If you do please feel free to let me know if you post on the web somewhere.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Cardstock: Sahara sand, riding hood red, whisper white
Ink: versamark, jet black stazon, bashful blue
Accessories: grosgrain ribbon white, Martha Stewart snowflake border punch, $1 spot note pad, score pal

8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my, what a wonderful set! The pad you found is a perfect match. Beautiful job!

Deb said...

This is so beautiful! I love seeing an everyday thing *fancied* up so it is more enjoyable! Your coloring on this fabulous bird is just gorgeous, and I can see why you just *had* to have that edge punch! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lorraine said...

beautiful image and such a great project. thanks for sharing your work

Louise F NZ said...

I love this, totally gorgeous.

Leslie said...

That is beautiful. Great idea!

Cris A said...

Very cool card! Love the cardnial

Olena said...

Very beautiful card! Nice job!

Debbie Olson said...

This is just beautiful, Aimee!