Tuesday, November 28, 2006

CHRISTMAS PLAYING...

Well since it is that time of year I decided to add a few ornament to my tree that my kids and I can make this year. My first ornament that I made was inspired by Amanda's tutorial on making pine cone ornaments she posted I came up with my first pine cone ornament. I used our new paper Enchante from the winter mini. I thought it came out very nice. I may make a few more. My mom was amazed and I think she may try.


Of course I have my sister's kids here so I thought I might let them make a few ornaments. I broke down a couple of weeks ago and got a sizzix die cut machine and have been buying dies for it lately. One of the dies is a large Santa head. I went to Michael's and bought a large package of the foam sheets and die cut some and came up with this...

I used some blush card stock to help with Santa's skin tone. And I found the cutest little bells with a ribbon bow at walmart to help make the hanger for him. I am letting the kids make one each and a few other items since they are here for the week and they can take them home and hang them on their tree.

I sat down this morning and I made another pine cone ornament using the recollection papers by stampin up. I think it turned out great.

2 comments:

Sarebear said...

YEAH! Awesome looking.

Love the vintage-fabric-y looking papers for this ornament.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE ORNAMENTS!!!! The ball ones turned out so nice. I love the pink one!