Thursday, May 01, 2008

Berry Sweet

Yup that is exactly how I feel about this card today...



I want to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers. Our car was fixed yesterday and I am very thankful that that was the only damage we had during the storms. My Husband and I went out Tuesday and worked with the red cross delivering food to the areas hardest hit by the storms. The areas were hit so bad.. it actually look like a scene out of a movie. Our area is not used to Tornado's like this we are more prepared for a Hurricane than a tornado so this was unexpected... We were lucky because there were no deaths during this storm. And this really was luck because of the time of day it hit... most people were at work, in school or getting off work. But enough about the storms lets get back to the card....

Last night this hit me after browsing around a few blogs.. My DH didn't like that I stayed up to finish it... but oh well. This designs is the CPS62 sketch of the week.

I colored the House Mouse image in with my copic markers... isn't he so cute with his belly full of strawberries. After coloring my image in I used my newest set of nestiablities, megabilities dies to cut him out and then I also cut a scalloped mat out. I embossed each edge with these dies too. I place a piece of papertrey inc ribbon along the bottom edge and attached a tag to it that says You're Berry Sweet... My Background paper was stamped with Papertrey's anniversary set... I got it for buying 12 unique sets last year and guess what you can get a free set in Feb 2009 just by buying 12 unique sets this year. Well I'm off to get somethings done today... hope everyone has a great afternoon...


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Inc Aniversary set, House mouse sleeping with strawberries
Inc: Adirondack espresso, papertrey berry sorbet
Cardstock: papertrey sweet blush, papertrey stampers select white, papertrey pink patterned 6x6 pad
Accessories: Megablities long rectangle dies large scallop and large regular, copic markers, cuttlebug tag dies, cuttlebug, berry sorbet stitched ribbon

14 comments:

Lesa said...

Aimee this is "berry" cute. Great job girl. I love it!

Lea L. said...

What an adorable card! I really love the berry stamp...so cute! Great job with sketch 62...thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

very cute card!!

Charity Hassel said...

you have quite the talent for stamping and coloring! so glad you used the cps sketch!

Pam's Pride said...

Super cute! I just love the house mouse stamps!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love everything about this card! So very - uh hum...BERRY cute! LOL

hey if you have a minute...check out my blog! I have a few treats I am giving away tonight!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing!

Laura Williams said...

that mouse is darling, and you did a beautiful job on this card!

Linda Beeson said...

Yes, that image is just so cute and you did a great job of coloring it in! LOVE your use of the CPS sketch1

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful coloring! Very cute stamp. I like the layering and the background.

Laurie Unger said...

Oh how cute! nice job coloring the main image!

SusanBluerobot said...

wonderful card i love housemouse

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I'm just in love with this card!!! That image is the cutest thing ever and your coloring is fabulous. Love the frame, the ribbon, everything!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Very pretty card. Your stamping and coloring is AWESOME!

loretta said...

Very sweet, great job with the coloring!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com