Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gettin alittle dirty..

This week is a chance to play with the Dirty Girls over on SCS and to warm up a bit I decided to play with JulieHRR's challenge from Tuesday. It can be found here. Her challenge was to embrace the white of a card which basically is a simple one layered white card and I went with alittle embossing and watercoloring for mine....



I grabbed my poor neglected watercolor crayons and went to work on this magnolia stamp image of tilda.
After watercoloring her, I then took a couple of my stickles out and added them to her top and her wings. I used fruit stickles and star dust on her. I also happened to have some ribbon from a share I had gotten from Texasjodylynn
a while back. It matched her shirt really well. I then noticed that I needed alittle something else and ended up running it through my cuttlebug with one of my long scalloped nesties to dry emboss a frame around her. This was such a fun challenge.

Supplies:
Stamp: Magnolia Tilda, stampin up hostess set serene spring
Ink: Jet black stazon
Cardstock: Stampers select white
Accessories: cuttlebug, long scalloped rectangle nesties, watercolor crayons, aquapainter, stickles fruit punch and star dust

3 comments:

Lesa said...

Very cute Aimee! You are doing such a fabulous job on your stuff!

Anonymous said...

stunning!!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a cute card aimee!!!

i have contacted jodylynn but iam not sure if she got my message. the ribbons look fabulous