Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An oldie and an inspiration...

I'll start tonight out with an new version of one of my older house mouse cards... I'm trying to nailed down the perfect cards for both my mother-in-law and my mother. So these are a few practice runs today and tomorrow I've got to get my mother-in- law's done... it has to travel to Florida.



For this card I colored the house mouse image in with my copics and added some crystal effects to the rain.. The sentiment is a rub on from the SAB sets Stampin up had a couple of months ago... I so love those rubons.I have been feelin green and yellow today and played with the combo alittle. I used my light table along with one of my stampin brassy templates on the yellow cardstock.

Supplies:
Stamps: House Mouse gentle rain
Ink: Adirondack espresso
Cardstock: green galore, barely bananna, close to cocoa, stampers select white
Accessories: copic markers, spring moss dotted ribbon, sab rubbons, light table, stampin up brassy template fun filled

Now on to the inspirational piece... I was doing my blog hopping today and fell completely head over heels over on Claudia's beautiful card... You can find it here. I love the idea of the hidden message and had to try and make a card similar to hers... I changed my colors and the stamp I used. Well what do you think...



This was so much fun to make. And my newest nesablities dies helped to make the little note card....
Actually the little notecard is held together with some of basic grey's magnetic snaps... they are so nice to have for cards and scrapbooking... And again for the sentiments I grabbed my SAB rubbons ... And colored the main image in with copics. I also used my cuttlebug swiss dots A2 folder to emboss my yellow cardstock. Hope everyone is having a great night... I'm off to see what tomorrow may bring.

Supplies:
Stamps: Magnolia tilda stamp
Ink: Adirondack pitch black
Cardstock: certain celery, so saffron, vellum, retired su patterned paper
Accessories: long retangle nestie scallop die, square nestie die, cuttlebug, A2 swiss dots embossing folder, papertrey spring moss dotted ribbon, SAB rubbons

6 comments:

Velta said...

Oh My Aimee ~ These cards are just precious!! I have been eyeing that House Mouse stamp myself...you did a great job on both...Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!! You did such a great job on them.

Stampin' Meg said...

That mousie is so sweet!

JazzyH said...

I love them all.

Laurie Unger said...

I like how you colored the house mouse image! Your also making me want those new nestabilities too! Great cards!

Unknown said...

I have a special place in my heart for the House Mouse stamps, and I just love what you have done with this one! Your coloring techniques are great on all of your cards, btw!