Saturday, January 06, 2007

CC95....

Color challenge on Splitcoaststampers I have been wanting to try and also threw in a new technique for me as well... a shaker card.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

to make the card I used Cool Caribbean cardstock, basic black cardstock, whisper white cardstock and a window sheet. I had found a cute butterfly mini punch in Micheals for a dollar and just new it would be perfect for this type of card. i punched out some butterflies out of each of the colored cardstocks. I used my coluzzle to make the ovals and frame for my central image. The stamp set I used was the gift that Shelly sent from stampin up called Polka dots and Paisley. I stamped my images in cool Caribbean ink and basic black ink. The base for the card is stamped with the dots from this stamp set in cool Caribbean.

I also used the technique for faux stitching with my paper piercer and white gel pen... what a cute card.

Edit.....
Well after looking at it again I thought it need something extra... so I added a strip of whisper white cardstock that had been run through my sizzix with the A2 divine swirls embossing folder for the cuttlebug. then I took my fiskars border punch and punched along the edge. The finial touch was sponging some cool Caribbean ink over the embossing... now I think it is complete.

2 comments:

Joan said...

What a difference the addition of the white paper makes! Made a good card an awesome one!

Anonymous said...

this is very nice...good job! enjoying your sight!