Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Latest Addiction....


My latest addiction is using color pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color my stamps.... there are tons of tutorials on the net for these but two that have helped me learn this technique are gamsol magic on Splitcoaststampers and this one helped me out alot recently cause I am a more visual learner and it was a great tutorial on GinaK's blog.

I made a Thank You card today for my party lite lady who has worked miracles for me in the last few days... long story short she found a replacement piece for me that I thought I would never get again and for less than what I had originally paid for it.

Well on to the card now... I used a Fabriano Medioevalis card for the cardstock which I had gotten from starlitstudio... these cards are so rich for this technique... I took my stampin up set And Everything Nice and stamped it in Black stazon ink then colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol... this is such a beautiful card in person.... have a great night.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Gorgeous~!! Great coloring too. :)

Anonymous said...

very nice!

Joan said...

Love this. I have these cards, this set, and the ribbon! I've got to CASE this.