Monday, April 28, 2008

Why I don't like storms....

Today we had a severe storm come through our area. Nothing here was damaged but my Husband was at the Naval base and here is what his car looks like now...





We are lucky that this was all that happen to us... My hometown of Suffolk is devastated right now many are with out homes due to the tornado... I've been watching the news and just my mouth is dropping at all the damage that has been done... it took my husband over 2hours to get home from the naval base to our home... well we still aren't out the woods we have more storms and a watch for a little longer..

hope everyone is staying safe..

Edited to add...

photos of the area from VA pilot newspaper

ground photos from the same paper

I went to help out on 4/29 with delivering some meals to the various sites with my Husband and a few of his cowokers... The damage is so unreal...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are in my prayers...
Sherri aka sherristampsalot

mawmawjoan said...

Prayers are being lifted up!

Rosella said...

You are in my prayers Aimee!!

Gabby said...

OMG...I'm so glad that was the only damage. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Pam's Pride said...

Glad you guys are safe! That looks like it was so scary!

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh no-I am so glad that he wasn't in it at the time!!!